The end-of-year celebrations are now upon us, and in the hustle and bustle it is easy to overlook important due dates coming up for our 2018 INANE conference, which will be in Boston August 6-8, 2018! So here, in a nutshell, are the dates you will not want to miss if you are connected to INANE in any way, or want to be!
- Early bird registration ends at midnight EST on January 15th! Register for $425, and save $100 on the regular registration rate
- Abstracts for breakout and for poster presentations are due no later than January 31! We have a terrific line-up of general sessions, but breakout sessions and posters add an important dimension to our not-to-be-missed annual conference! Add your voice to our program – a burning issue you want to discuss, a great idea that you have implemented for your journal, emerging technologies or media tools that you are exploring — these are just a few possibilities to consider!
- Liberty Hotel reservations at the conference room rate are not yet urgent, but be aware that the deadline for the conference room rate is July 11th! This is a fabulous venue that might seem a bit pricey compared to some of our other hotel rates in recent years, but as a person who is extending my stay outside of the dates for the conference, I can assure you that the conference rate is a huge savings! Use the link on our website for the INANE conference room rate; if you encounter any issues making your reservation, the hotel representatives can help!
- Suzanne Smith Mentoring Editors Award applications are due February 1st. If you are new to nursing journal editing, know someone else who is new, or know someone who is interested in becoming a nursing journal editor, this is a terrific opportunity! Check out the details here, and don’t let the February 1st date slip away!
- Conference sponsorships are welcome time, but if you or someone you know is interested in sponsoring our conference, don’t delay! Find out all the details here.
Our annual conferences are truly not-to-be missed opportunities for staying up-to-date with the massive changes in our current publishing climate, and for networking with colleagues who are at the forefront of dealing with these challenges! Hope to see you there.
Peggy Chinn, Editor Advances in Nursing Science on behalf of:
Planning team: Hosts: Kathy Ahern Gould and Leslie Nicoll.
Team members: Anne Manton, Jan Bellack, Jane Flanagan, Mary Alexander, Susan Gennaro, Grif Alspach, Kate Gregory, Julia Snethen, Peggy Chinn, Joyce Fitzpatrick, Christine Vourakis